Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Been A While...

I thought a Staind reference in my title would be good enough to summarize the first section of this here blog post. Wow. 10 days since I last posted? First of all, it feels like a million years since I last posted. And I cannot believe that it has only been 10. My days have been so action packed, it is unreal.

And by action packed, I mean used to the fullest. I have been spending more time having fun and visitng with people than I have in the past. I have also been writing a lot more. I write for Drury's newspaper, The Mirror. It has been a great experience, but it does take up a good chunk of time.

Fantasy sports have also consumed my brain. I am currently in the playoffs in my Fantasy Baseball league, which is awesome (the best I have done since I started in roughly 2005). I recently started a Fantasy Hockey team, and I'm getting all pumped for that (Go Blues!!), and I am getting into futbol a lot now... so naturally I joined a Fantasy Premier League. In addition to this Fantasy sports bonanza, I started a Dynasty on NHL '06 which apparently is the best game ever invented ever. The 2006 Blues never looked so good on ice...

Anyway, I am also in the market for buying a soccer jersey, or as they say a "kit". We have been watching the USA inch closer and closer to the World Cup, so I am fairly inspired to get a US National Jersey, but I have also taken Arsenal under my wing as my favorite team in the Premier League... so I may want one of their jerseys...

But the point is that I am really having time to enjoy all the finer things in life (read sports), and still get all of my work done in style.

Being a senior is wonderful. Anyway, I want to start doing some news reviews... so I think I will start tomorrow. Gotta pick of the NYT and see what it has to say. OK, goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Are you still contemplating going to Africa for the World Cup? Not too sure if sports count as one of the finer things in life ;) but I'm glad you're enjoying your senior year!

    ReplyDelete