Friday, October 2, 2009

I Feel Like...

I have had lots of great ideas for blog posts, but I have been entirely too lazy to get them in type, so... this one will not satisfy anyone's urges for greatness, but at least I'm trying.

OK, so wow, is it really October already? This is incredible. September, we hardly knew ye. I feel like I was just ushering it in. That's fine though, because now it becomes time to focus on the greatest holiday ever: Halloween!

Yes, Halloween is amazing. The candy, the costumes, the scary movies, the fun parties, the outrageous antics... it's always a crowd-pleaser. I am going to have to make more time for scary movies because honestly it has been lacking around here. A lot of guitar, but not a lot of movies, and that's fine. Movies will have their time.

So my favorite Halloween movie is one that gets its namesake from the holiday, Halloween. But I was recently reconsidering that. I watched Halloweeen II the other night (not the Rob Zombie remake, which was average at best), and it was really truly excellent. All the great elements of a deliciously suspensful "slasher" (it's a technical term). So what that means is I will have to watch the rest of them and see if I like any of the others (I really like H20 despite it's corny moments. When Laurie goes back into the school with the Ax screaming out for Michael, you have to be a pillar of steel not to get goosebumps).

So I officially am intimidated by the GRE. I looked at the study guide and it was a bit more complicated than I imagined. I didn't see much about how much time you got, but I hope it's more than the ACT or maybe there's no time at all... But either way, I am intimidated...

I watched Frost/Nixon last night. It is an excellent film and fairly historically accurate. So everyone should see it (of course, see it after you've seen a horror film. Double features are the best). But the movie made me realize how little Americans seemed to care that President Bush also broke the law, just like President Nixon. The torture and wiretapping alone should have warranted the same type of anger, but nothing really. Obama covered for Bush and we may never get a trial to illicit that kind of apology and confession of guilt. So my question is: Where is our generation's David Frost? Who knows.

Anyway, time for other things. Enjoy the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see how you all can stand scary movies. They freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Maybe we should watch one together! Or we could start with a Sci-Fi movie... sort of an in-between.

    ReplyDelete