Monday, July 5, 2010

Trying to get back at it...

In order to avoid being called a liar (again), I am posting up!


Hello. It feels like it has been a long time since I have blogged at all, especially for my own personal enjoyment. I am typing this post on my brand new laptop that I got this evening! It is very exciting to have a computer with the most recent versions of Word and that can run iTunes while also having an Internet browser open! So tonight I have spent far too much time installing new software and various other things that go along with starting up a new computer.

I do need to get to bed though because I have an early morning in the Picnic Basket. But in order to make this post not entirely fluff, I have two bits of reflection:

1. It is incredibly frustrating when people inform you that you did not give them all of their food order when they have not, in fact, checked the entire contents of the food basket. Please, ma'am, give me more credit than that: of course I put a spoon in their to go with your yogurt. Sir, if you would just look underneath the salad, you will clearly see that I put both the chocolate milk and the chicken noodle soup that you so desperately desire... At least have the courtesy to carefully examine the basket away from the pick-up window.

2. Read Slaughterhouse 5. I am currently re-reading it for the third time now, and I love it even more with every read. I would recommend going slow and possibly finding a good literary analysis to go along with the book. It will help put a lot of the philosophy and prose in context.


OK, well, have a wonderful evening, and look forward to more blogs!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're officially not a liar anymore! Though, once you lie once you are probably forever a liar, I think. Anyway, love you :)

    ReplyDelete