Friday, August 7, 2009

Let's Go Bowling

For those who don't know, bowling is a fantastic sport.

And for those who are in the know, my recent rummage sale acquisition of bowling shoes and ball complete with plastic carrying case is working out like a dream.

A few friends and I had planned on going out to shop second-hand. We were going to do Goodwills, Value Villages, and some rummage sales. At the Kirkwood United Methodists rummage sale, I hit pure gold. After discussing over bagels my true desire of finding a bowling ball and shoes, something divine happened. We found exactly what I was looking for, the shoes fit like freakin' Cinderella, and the going price for this lovely package: One US dollar. Can you believe that?


Well, anyway, last night I went bowling with my girlfriend and started off shaky with a with 136, but came back strong in the second game with a 158. Needless to say, I'm excited. I saved $3.75 on a shoe rental and at the end of the night, I had the satisfaction of packing up my gear and walking out a champion of the second-hand realm.

So in short, when we go bowling, you guys will definitely be getting the water.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...now that I have shoes, you save 3.75 x 2! I'm just glad you don't wear the shorts in public...

    ReplyDelete